I realize that I’m late to the party on this, but I just discovered the wonders of the “AmazonBasics” line of electronics and accessories. I’ve seen the brand in the past, but I never realized the extent of what they have to offer.
The selection is pretty impressive, the prices are quite low, the reviews are generally positive, and most of it is eligible for free two-day shipping via Amazon Prime. This is just another step in Amazon’s march toward complete retail domination.
And now… Here are some articles that caught my eye this past week:
- Pay Your Federal Tax Bill via EFTPS – It’s like online billpay for your taxes. What’s not to love? Hmmm. Paying your taxes, I guess.
- Raising the Minimum Wage – In his State of the Union address, President Obama proposed raising the federal minimum wage to $9/hour. What do you think?
- Adding International Bonds to Your Portfolio – Vanguard is adding international bonds to their Target Retirement and LifeStrategy funds. Should you do the same?
- Want to Solve Problems? Measure Them – This is excellent advice. Tracking and evaluating your progress is one of the best ways to reach your goals.
- Stocks Have Better Returns, So Why Invest in Bonds? – The short answer: to temper risk. Even if you have a long time horizon, you can get some scary-large price swings in an all-equity portfolio.
That’s it. Hope you’re having a great weekend!