During the middle of last week, I managed to wander into a bunch of chiggers while straying off the beaten path. While wearing shorts. And without bug spray. I’m sad to say that the results were predictable…
I wound up with a bunch of extremely itchy chigger bites around my ankles and the backs of my knees. Not fun. If something similar happens to you, I have two words for you: hydrocortisone cream.
Of all the anti-itch remedies that I’ve tried — and I’ve tried a bunch — that magical tube of cream is the only thing that has provided any relief. For what it’s worth, I’ve been using the 1% “maximum strength” OTC formulation.
And now… Here are some articles that caught my eye this past week:
- Risk vs. Reward — A nice introduction to investment risk.
- Shallow Risk vs. Deep Risk — Speaking of risk… Aside from being an interesting read, I learned that Bernstein has a new e-book coming out.
- New Economists Aren’t Learning History — Uh-oh. As they say, those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
- Getting Advice from the SSA — Yes, you can get Social Security advice direct from the SSA. As with all third-party advice: trust, but verify.
- The Road to Asset Rich — Invest more, increase your returns, and… Be patient.
- Gender Breakdown of Widows — If you’ve ever observed the ration of women to men in a nursing home, the results of this analysis won’t surprise.
That’s it. Hope you had a great weekend.