In case you haven’t heard, there’s a new $100 bill in circulation. It’s fancier, more colorful, and harder to counterfeit. Security features include a watermark, color-shifting ink, an embedded security thread, raised print, microprinting, and more.
Have you seen one in real life? I haven’t. But they were only released into the wild last Tuesday, so I guess I wouldn’t expect to have seen one — yet.
And now… Here are some articles that caught my eye this past week:
- The Dark Side of Compound Interest — The better you are at investing, the higher your opportunity costs when you go out and spend money.
- Sustainable Wealth — On a related note, money begets money.
- Happiness is a Choice Not a Goal — Money shouldn’t be a goal in and of itself, but rather a tool to achieve your goals. Good insight.
- How Simple or Complex are Your Finances? — Pretty darn simple, though I could most definitely make it simpler.
- Can You Inherit Debt? — Nope, but debt can swallow your inheritance.
- Guilt and Funeral Arrangements: Not a Bargain — Sad but true. Why not spend a bit of time thinking about your burial wishes? Then put them in writing.
- Another Example of Asking for a Discount — Just another reminder that you shouldn’t be shy about asking for discounts. It can’t hurt.
- The Obamacare Premium Subsidy Cliff — You may be able to save yourself some money when signing up for Obamacare by managing your modified AGI.
- Get Tax Breaks by Controlling Your AGI — Speaking of which… There are a number of tax breaks out there for the taking if you have a low enough AGI.
That’s it. Hope you had a great weekend.