On Dec 31st, Newsweek will cease print production, stating that they “have reached a tipping point at which we can most efficiently and effectively reach our readers in all-digital format.” Not terribly surprising.
Is this the beginning of the end of printed magazines? Only time will tell. But yes, probably. Recall that SmartMoney made a similar move earlier this year.
And now… Here are some articles that caught my eye this past week:
- How Hackable is Your Bank Account? – The security of your bank’s online presence should be the least of your worries. People are the primary weakness.
- Priced In Labor: The 1958 Sears Catalog – An look at how the prices of select items have changes (in relative terms) over the past 50+ years.
- Socially Responsible Investing: Where’s Your Limit? – We invest via broad market indices, so this doesn’t enter into our thinking. But if we bought individual stocks, it probably would.
- Income Replacement Funds vs. Annuities – If you’re looking for income, which should you prefer?
- Your Money or Your Life – Looking for a book on financial independence? Well… This is an excellent place to start.
- The Hidden Benefits of Financial Freedom – Speaking of financial independence…
That’s it. Have a great (holiday) week.