As was the case last year, this is mainly a note to myself. That being said, this might be of use to some of you, so I thought I’d publish it here.
I’ve been busy updating my calendar for 2014 and, as part of that process, decided to update my list of all relevant (at least to me) income tax filing deadlines.
What follows is a list of those deadlines for all of 2014, and just a bit into 2015. I’ve also tried to highlight the most critical (or at least actionable) dates in red.
Tax deadlines for 2014
Note: If you’d like a printable version, click here to download a pdf.
- Jan 15, 2014 – 4th quarter estimated tax payments due for 2013 — unless you file your 2012 return and pay all taxes due by January 31, 2013.
- Jan 31, 2014 – This is the 2013 filing/full payment deadline if you skip the last estimated tax payment. You should also have received all of your W-2 and 1099 forms (except 1099-B; see below) for 2013 by this date.
- Feb 18, 2014 – You should receive your 1099-B form(s) for 2013 by this date.
- Mar 17, 2014 – This is the filing deadline for calendar-year corporate income tax returns for the 2013 tax year.
- Apr 15, 2014 – This is the filing deadline for 2013 income tax returns, as well as returns related to the gift tax, estate tax, trusts, etc. It’s also the deadline for the 1st quarter estimated tax payments for 2014.
- May 31, 2014 – This is the deadline for trustees to file IRS Form 5498 (related to things like IRA contributions) so you should be receiving it soon. Just go ahead and file it away for future reference.
- Jun 16, 2014 – 2nd quarter estimated tax payments due for 2014.
- Sep 15, 2014 – 3rd quarter estimated tax payments due for 2014. This is also the final filing deadline for Form 1041, 1065, and 1120 tax returns for those who requested an extension.
- Oct 15, 2014 – Final filing deadline for 2013 Form 1040 (and related) income tax returns for all who requested an extension.
- Jan 15, 2014 – 4th quarter estimated tax payments due for 2014 — unless you file your 2014 return and pay all taxes due by January 31, 2014.
- Feb 2, 2015 – This is the 2014 filing/full payment deadline if you skip the last estimated tax payment. You should also have received all of your W-2 and 1099 forms (except 1099-B; due later in February) for 2014 by this date.
So there you have it… All the tax filing dates you’re likely to need in one handy place. I’ll do my best to update you as we go through the year, but you might want to bookmark this and/or download the pdf linked above.